Thứ Sáu, 21 tháng 10, 2011

A poor mans upgrade

Today I received my long awaited Gigabyte GTX 460 OC. I've wanted to buy a new graphics-card for quite some time now, but due to some "money-problems" (unemployed and on welfare) I couldn't afford it until now. I saved for months to be able to do this and it feels great to finally have it.

My old card was a 9800 gtx+ which I could still play most games on great graphics, but I wanted to start enjoying the dx11 unique features and my old card was a dx10 card. It also only had 512 Mb of memory which is kinda low with todays gaming-standards. Most cards are probably 1-2 GB. Hey there are even cards with 4GB, but I'm not a rich man :P

Why did I want to tell you about all this? Well for starters, I believe that there are many gamers out there who might not be able to afford expensive cards and all tests I've seen is almost only focused on new cards, and no comparison to older cards such as mine. So I just wanted to share the results. These numbers are only for the GPU, no CPU-score is included.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét